Ralph Waldo Emerson
"Do not go where the path may lead. Instead, go where there is no path and leave a trail"
UNIVERSITY OF CINCINNATI
Studied Electrical Engineering and Data Processing
What I’ve Learned
Web Development for the Company's Intranet / Extranet
• Created Classic ASP, VBscript, applications on the company's Intranet - Enhancing Business process and providing new functionality for critical business systems.
2005 - 2016
SR ANALYST /DEVELOPER
Johnson Controls, York, PA
Global Fortune 500 Company offering products and services to optimize energy and operational efficiencies of buildings, automotive batteries and interior systems
Senior Application Analyst / Technologist (2005 - 2016)
After being acquired by Johnson Controls - Provided analysis and development of diverse company initiatives on Documentum, SharePoint, Salesforce platforms.
• Migrated legacy asp applications data into Salesforce – Migrated data from a with $40million/year sales onto the Salesforce platform from obsolete platform and servers – protecting $40 million/year revenue stream
• Developed SharePoint application to accept and track request for financial documents – saving time and improving accuracy and efficiency over legacy email application.
• Created and maintained SharePoint application for financial closing – Create and update new monthly lists that tracks the Monthly close tasks for Latin America locations. Streamlining and reducing personnel interaction for the Closing tasks each month.
• Upgraded and Maintained Invoice entry system – Enhanced and supported Captiva Dispatcher application to Scan, auto recognize and distribute vendor invoices for remote offices and route to validation system. Store processed invoices into Documentum retention.
• Numerous Documentum Workflow applications to route CAR, Legal Matter and other documents for approval by management - Shorting dramatically and improving accuracy
• Analyzed business requirements, created Technical specification for applications. Installation Documents and Documentation.
• Modify existing software to correct errors, allow it to adapt to new hardware, or to improve its performance. Analyze user needs and software requirements to determine feasibility of design within time and cost constraints.
Living and working in Souther Pennsylvania, I have had the opportunity to learn so much in my field. I have been trained by a number of industry professionals, which means I’ve had many different experiences that have built me into the skilled professional I am today. Now, I’m looking for new challenges and hope to venture even further down my chosen career path, learning as I go. Find out more about me by getting in touch.
ABOUT SYD KAHN
Who I Am
Highly talented Software Engineer with diverse experience in Document Management, SharePoint, Microsoft Technologies. Goal-oriented, self-starter with knowledge in all phases of entire product life cycle including development, design, debug, test, and documentation. Demonstrates exceptional problem solving and strategic thinking skills under tight time constraints.